At this time of the year something that is weighing the most on your nerves is the stress related to the admission to a completely new world of college. Especially, if you have just appeared for the higher secondary examination.Other than most of the students going ahead and applying for specialised institutes in engineering and medical sciences, what most of look up to is University of Delhi, tagged as DU.
Admission to DU can be by two ways:
- Entrance based
- Merit based
To check the details including registration dates, courses in DU with an entrance exam, official DU portal, etc. check Everything About Entrance Examination For Admission to DU.
New Registration Form
- For registering online, click New Registration.
- For registered applicant sign in, visit Registered Applicant
Who are The Eligible Candidates for Admission to DU?
All Students who have passed their 12th grade in the last three years are admissible to UG courses in DU, including
- Students of India
- Foreign Students
For contact details foreign students can check Foreign Students’ Advisor, DU.
Aids for Registration to DU
If you wanna cut short your stress and help yourself with the DU admission process, the following details may serve to be handy:
- To visit the official site of DU for any updates, check DU.
- To know about the important dates regarding the commencement of onlineregistration, its closing date, et cetera check Important Dates.
- In order to pick out a college of your choice, inspect the list of colleges in DU by checking List of Colleges in DU.
- The link to registration form is, New Registration.
- The registration process in University of Delhi includes online form filling, uploading the required documents and submitting the exam fee. No offline formality is required after this .
The registration process in University of Delhi includes online form filling, uploading the required documents and submitting the exam fee. No offline formality is required after this .Note that Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Person with disability (PWD) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM) candidates: As per Government of India regulations.Here,information will be updated and added every coming day. For any queries or questions you wish to ask, write them as a comment. They will be answered instantly.
DU Admission Bulletin
The link to download the DU Admission Bulletin 2018-19 is Bulletin 2018-19
What next after completing the online registration ?
After you are done with the registration, the next comes,
- The next, you’ll have to wait for the cut off lists to be released. They will always fluctuate by days or hours so keep a track.
- You get 3 days to visit the college you wish to apply to and complete the admission formalities.
- You’ll have to carry the originals as well as photocopies of all your documents of higher secondary along with your passport sized photographs, a pen, a blank cheque, your account details and patience to wait at the windows in queues, along with you when you visit the colleges.
What all should you carry while visiting the college you have selected from the cut off list?
You get a total of three days to visit the college of your choice as per the cut off list and complete the formalities.You must carry a folder that contains the following :
- A pen
- Passport sized photographs ( 10 or more in no.)
- Originals as well as photocopies of all your documents; ( 10th marksheet, 12th marksheet, character certificate, migration certificate, blank cheque of you account)
- A mini stapler and a small fevicol/a fevistick
- Aadhaar card and its photocopy
- A printout of the registration form containing the registration no. and other registration details
- And those with reservations (SC,ST,OBC,etc.), must bring their respective certificates. And those from OBC must renew their certificates before bringing them (not older than 6 months).
- Patience, is must!
Rankings by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India
You can check the National Institutional Ranking Framework, or the ranking of different colleges in India from the following link,OverallRanking – 2018# To Stay Motivated
If you have any doubts related to the same then ask your questions by writing them down as a Comment, along with your email address.