Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Berhampur invites applications from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph.D. programme starting from July 2019. Currently, IISER Berhampur offers Ph.D. programme in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences disciplines. Students with a Master’s degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics OR in any relevant interdisciplinary area closely related to the main stream are encouraged to apply for Ph.D. programme.
|Last Date for receiving applications||April 30, 2019|
|Interview Dates||To be declared soon|
|Fee structure||Click here|
|Link for application form||Click here |
Instructions to fill Application Form
Please download and save the form on your computer, and then open it directly in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader and select/type the information in the boxes provided and click save to store the information.
NOTE : OPENING OF DOWNLOADED APPLICATION FORM IN ADOBE READER IS MUST TO UPLOAD PHOTO AND ACCESSES OTHER INTERACTIVE FIELDS. DO NOT FILL ANYTHING ON ONLINE LINK.
- This is an editable PDF form, please download the form, and open with Adobe Reader and select/type the information in the boxes provided and click save to store the information.
- If you are applying in more than one discipline, separate application must be filled and sent for each discipline.
- Complete application along with all certificates/enclosures (preferably in single consolidated .pdf file) must be sent to the email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please write “APPLICATION FOR Ph.D. IN (DEPARTMENT NAME)” in your subject area of email. For example, if you are applying to the Ph.D. programme in Physics, please write “Application for Ph.D. in PHYSICS”.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates shortlisted for interviews will be intimated by email and same will be available on the institute website.
- Only shortlisted candidates called for interview need to bring recommendation letters in sealed envelopes, superscribed with “Letter of Recommendation for <Applicant’s Name> to Ph.D. Program in <Discipline Name >”. Letter of recommendation not in a sealed envelope will not be accepted.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree programme are eligible to apply for Ph.D. programme. However, if selected, admission to the Ph.D. programme would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before July 31, 2019.
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Date of interview will be communicated to shortlisted candidates by e-mail and the same will be available on the Institute website. TA will be paid to SC/ST candidates appearing for the interview as per Govt. of India norms.
- Reservation will be applied according to Govt. of India norms. Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
- Applicant’s age should not exceed more than 28 years at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3 years will be given for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/Female applicants.
- All selected candidates will be eligible for either Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- per month or fellowship as per the norms of the funding agency, in vogue, subject to satisfactory performance in their course work.
In case of any application-related queries, please contact the respective departments (with a CC to email@example.com)
- Biology: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chemistry: email@example.com
- Mathematics: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physics: email@example.com