The I-Ph.D. program is offered in the disciplines Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences in August 2019 session.
The integrated Ph.D. (I-Ph.D.) programme at IISER Tirupati is aimed for highly motivated students who wish to pursue a career in research. Students with an excellent academic record can apply for the I-Ph.D. programme upon completion of a bachelor’s degree in any branch of science. The course combines curricula for Master’s and Doctorate degrees into a single integrated programme with a blend of course work and research project
IISER Tirupati offers modern research laboratories and computational facilities as well as hostel facilities for students. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a broad range of seminars, meetings, and workshops, giving them a chance to interact with people from other research organizations within the country and abroad.
|Opening date of Online Application : ||March 05, 2019|
|Closing date of Online Application :||April 30, 2019|
|Admission link for Biology||Click here|
|Admission link for mathematics||Click here|
|Admission link for Chemistry||Click here|
|Admission link for Physics||Click here|
|Discipline||Interview Dates (Tentative)|
|Biology||May 31st – June 02nd, 2019|
|Chemistry||June 10th – June 15th, 2019|
|Physics||June 03rd – June 08th, 2019|
|Mathematics||June 27th – June 28th, 2019|
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS:
|Discipline||Eligibility Criteria||Additianal Eligibility Criteria|
|Biology||Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects) or CGPA 6.5 on 10-point scale in Bachelor’s in Biological Sciences (All areas) /Ecological Sciences/ Mathematics/ Chemistry /Physics / Medical Sciences / Engineering or any equivalent degree.||JGEEBILS – 2019 or JAM -2019 (BL – Biological Sciences or BT – Biotechnology)|
|Chemistry||Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale in B. Sc. (General / B.Sc. majoring in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics & Biology), Engineering (BE/BTech) or any equivalent degree.||JAM (Chemistry) 2019|
|Mathematics||Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects) or a CGPA 6.5 on a10-point scale in B.Sc. or any equivalent degree.||JAM 2019 (MA – Mathematics or MS-Mathematical Statistics) or Valid NBHM MA/MSc Scholarship|
|Physics||Students with Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale in B.Sc./B.Tech/B.E. or any equivalent degree.||JAM (Physics) 2019 or JEST (Physics) 2019|
General Information to the Applicants:
- The candidate MUST have qualified at least ONE of the above mentioned Additional eligibility criteria.
- The scores/ranks must be valid at least till August, 2019. Please note that the admission criteria can change during the next round of admission.
- SC/ST, PD and KM candidates Percentage may be relaxed with 5% or 0.5 in case of CGPA.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission. A provisional degree certificate is mandatory at the time of admission (Scheduled to be 1st August 2019).
The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before April 30, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be intimated further about the date of interview. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and final selection is based on interview performance. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews.
Financial assistance will be provided by the institute to the selected candidates.
All communication with candidates will be through emails only. Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- I am in my first year of the Master’s degree, am I eligible to apply for the i-PhD program?
Yes, you are eligible.
- Can I apply for i-PhD in more than one discipline?
If you meet the eligibility criteria for more than one discipline, you can apply for both the disciplines by filing their respective application forms.
- What is the fellowship structure?
Institute will provide decent fellowship to an i-PhD student during the first two years, after which they will be receive a higher fellowship at par with a regular PhD student.
- Will I be paid for my travel expenses for attending the i-PhD written test/interview?
Institute will NOT be able to reimburse for your travel tickets.
- Is it possible to leave the programme after MS?
There is no exit option after MS.
- Will I get an MS degree? If yes, how many years after joining the programme?
The MS degree will be provided together with the PhD degree, however it will carry a date same as the date of passing the comprehensive examination, which is usually conducted before registering for a PhD.
- How long does it take to complete the degree?
Usually, it takes around six years to get a PhD degree in this program.
- If I am selected in one department, am I allowed to choose research supervisor/mentor from other departments? Is it possible to pursue research with multiple supervisor/mentor?
You may be allowed to pursue research with multiple faculty and faculty from other departments, provided your primary supervisor/mentor is affiliated to your parent department.
In case of any application-related queries which are not mentioned in the FAQs, please contact the respective departments with your application number mentioned in the subject at the following email addresses:email@example.com