Overview of the i-PhD programme
IISER Pune offers Integrated PhD (i-PhD) as a research programme with a blend of course work (2 years) and research projects. On successful completion, students are awarded both a Master’s of Science and a PhD degree. The first four semesters consist of core, elective courses and advanced courses specialized in one subject in combination with research work. On successful completion of course work, related project work and a comprehensive exam, the student continues with the research leading to a PhD. The i-PhD program is currently offered in the Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences; and Mathematics
Admissions for August 2019 Batch
For integrated PhD programme in Mathematics at IISER Pune, intake for August 2019 will be opened later.
|I-PhD Programme||Last date to Summit application||Tentative Date for interview|
|Biology||April 08-10, 2019|
|Chemistry||April 15, 2019||June 24-27, 2019|
|Mathematics||To be notified later||To be notified later|
|Physics||April 15 2019||June 24, 25 2019|
Admissions to the i-PhD ProgrammeApplication Procedure:
- Only online applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- Last date of Application will be displayed here.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
1) A qualifying score in the JGEEBILS 2019 exam conducted in December 2018. List of candidates eligible to apply based on their JGEEBILS score can be found here.
2) 60% marks (in aggregate, not only in majoring subject) or equivalent CGPA for General/OBC (55% or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST) in Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in any one of the following disciplines: Biological Sciences / Biodiversity / Chemistry / Ecology and Environmental Sciences / Mathematics / Physics / Pharmacy / Medical Sciences / Engineering (BE/B. Tech)
3) Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the Bachelor’s degree with the above mentioned requirements at the time of admission. (Scheduled to be 1st August 2019)
4) Listed candidates will receive a link to the iPhD application form via email. If you are on the above list but have not received an email, then please contact us at email@example.com
5) Based on this application form and the above listed criteria applicants will be shortlisted for an interview. Candidates selected for the interview will receive a separate email to appear for the interview at the IISER Pune campus.
Dates of Interview: April 08-10, 2019
1. Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in B.Sc. (General / B.Sc. majoring in Chemistry, Physics & Biology) and qualifying additional criteria as given below can apply for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Chemistry starting August 2019. Candidates who are in the final year of qualifying degree, who have appeared/about to appear for the final exams can also apply for Int. PhD program. If selected for admission to the program, the candidate will be given provisional admission subjected to completing the qualifying degree, as per the criteria specified above, before August 1, 2019.
2. Candidates with rank No. 800 or less in JAM (Chemistry) 2019 can apply for the Integrated PhD program in Chemistry.InterviewFinal selection to the programme will be based on performance of the shortlisted candidates in a personal interview to be held at IISER Pune in June 2019. Based application form and the above listed criteria, applicants will be shortlisted for an interview. Candidates shortlisted for the interview will receive a separate email to appear for the interview at the IISER Pune campus. If the number of eligible applicants is more than what can be interviewed, additional cut off criteria may be used to shortlist from within the list of eligible applicants. Please note:Applying to Integrated PhD program in Chemistry does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for the interview. The department may use additional criteria in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received (e.g., JAM ranking).
Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of a 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in BSc/BTech/BE.Students in their final year of BSc/BTech/BE programme are welcome to apply. If shortlisted after the interview, a provisional admission will be given subject to the condition that the above criterion is met.
The candidate should have a rank better than or equal to 500 in either JAM (Physics) 2019 or JEST (Physics) 2019 InterviewFinal selection to the programme will be based on performance of the shortlisted candidates in a personal interview to be held in IISER Pune in June. If the number of eligible applicants is more than what can be interviewed, additional cut off criteria may be used to shortlist from within the list of eligible applicants. ApplicationOnline application form (Last date to submit your application: April 15 2019)
Tentative dates of Interview: June 24, 25 2019For more information about Int.Ph.D Physics programme in IISER Pune, please visit: http://www.iiserpune.ac.in/education/i-phd